Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri February 28, 2014
SIU: Most Missing Computers Found
Southern Illinois University in Carbondale says it has accounted for most of the more than 250 computers that an audit noted were missing last summer.
The (Carbondale) Southern Illinoisan (http://bit.ly/1fvZVIg ) reports that the university's assistant provost and chief information officer says an initial search recovered 76 of the 256 computers that had been listed as missing. David Crain says another search turned up 61 more computers.
Crain says that most of the remaining computers were found to have been transferred to surplus.
A report last June by the Illinois Auditor General's Office put the value of the computers at more than $400,000. But Crain says most of them were at least a decade old and didn't carry much value.