- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Fri September 13, 2013
SIU To Begin Search For New President
The Southern Illinois University system's governing board has signed off on forming an advisory committee to help search for a replacement for the university's retirement-bound president.
The SIU board of trustees also voted Thursday to authorize its executive committee to hire an outside search firm in the quest to find a successor to Glenn Poshard.
Poshard announced in July that he plans to retire June 30 of next year, even though his contract expires in 2015.
The advisory committee will include representatives from SIU's Carbondale and Edwardsville campuses, and Poshard will have no formal role in the search.
Poshard is a former five-term congressman who has led the university since 2005.