Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Around the Nation
Fri August 22, 2014
Shoplifter Claims To Be Stone Temple Pilots Ex-Lead Singer
Originally published on Fri August 22, 2014 6:53 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Where you going with that mask I found - famous lyric from the Stone Temple Pilots song "Plush." And it seems to capture what happened to the former lead singer, Scott Weiland. Police in Beverly Hills arrested a guy for shoplifting who identified himself as Scott Weiland. After hearing reports that he was in jail, the real Weiland posted a video saying he was actually touring and writing. So police fingerprinted the imposter and charged him with furnishing false information. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.