Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri April 4, 2014
Shop Owner Refuses To Spring Forward
Originally published on Fri April 4, 2014 7:22 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. This past weekend most of Europe moved the clocks forward for Daylight Saving Time - what they call European Summertime. But one shopkeeper in Berlin said no way she springs forward. Renate Stahn says she needs her sleep and will no longer take part in this circus. She's organizing a boycott. The sign on the door of her pet shop tells customers they are entering a different time zone. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.