Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Born To Run
Fri January 17, 2014
Shoes Off! Barefoot Running Author To Take A Lap In Springfield
If you're in downtown Springfield Saturday morning, don't be surprised if you see a pack of runners jogging around town -- barefoot. Christoper McDougall, author of the acclaimed book "Born to Run" is the featured speaker for the Springfield Road Runner's Club annual awards dinner on Saturday night. WUIS's Amanda Vinicky will be there, in her trusty Nikes, but after reading McDougall's book and speaking with him about it, she just may try taking them off ... when it gets warmer.
You don't need to be a member of the running club to attend when McDougall speaks this Saturday evening, at the Hilton. You can register here.