Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Born To Run
Fri January 17, 2014
Shoes Off! Barefoot Running Author To Take A Lap In Springfield
If you're in downtown Springfield Saturday morning, don't be surprised if you see a pack of runners jogging around town -- barefoot. Christoper McDougall, author of the acclaimed book "Born to Run" is the featured speaker for the Springfield Road Runner's Club annual awards dinner on Saturday night. WUIS's Amanda Vinicky will be there, in her trusty Nikes, but after reading McDougall's book and speaking with him about it, she just may try taking them off ... when it gets warmer.
You don't need to be a member of the running club to attend when McDougall speaks this Saturday evening, at the Hilton. You can register here.