Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri June 6, 2014
Sharon Van Etten On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue August 26, 2014 10:00 am
Brooklyn singer-songwriter Sharon Van Etten made her debut in 2008 with a bare-bones album called Because I Was in Love. She followed it with 2010's Epic and 2012's Tramp, which was produced by The National's Aaron Dessner. As she's pushed herself to improve on each album, Van Etten's remarkable emotional honesty has remained constant. This year, she returned with Are We There, which she produced alongside Stewart Lerman.
In this episode of World Cafe, Van Etten talks about making Are We There and plays a few songs from the album. Check out the World Cafe Tumblr page to download her live performance of "Tarifa."
This segment was re-aired on August 26.