Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue February 4, 2014
Ásgeir On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon July 14, 2014 9:14 am
One in 10 people in Iceland own singer-songwriter Ásgeir's first album — the fastest-selling debut in the country's history. Its lyrics are all in Icelandic, and written by Ásgeir's father. But for the U.S. release, singer-songwriter John Grant fashioned English lyrics to go with Ásgeir's melodies.
Here, Ásgeir sings live in the World Cafe studios, a performance we originally aired on Feb. 4, 2014.
This episode was re-aired on July 14, 2014.