Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue February 4, 2014
Ásgeir On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon July 14, 2014 9:14 am
One in 10 people in Iceland own singer-songwriter Ásgeir's first album — the fastest-selling debut in the country's history. Its lyrics are all in Icelandic, and written by Ásgeir's father. But for the U.S. release, singer-songwriter John Grant fashioned English lyrics to go with Ásgeir's melodies.
Here, Ásgeir sings live in the World Cafe studios, a performance we originally aired on Feb. 4, 2014.
This episode was re-aired on July 14, 2014.