Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri September 13, 2013
Serious But Funny Discoveries Win Prizes
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with winners of the Ig Noble Prize. It honors discoveries that are serious but also funny. Winners include researchers who showed dung beetles navigate using the Milky Way. Other scientists proved that people who are drunk think they're more attractive. Wow.
Actual Nobel Prize winners give out the Ig Nobles and winners receive a $10 trillion prize; 10 trillion Zimbabwe dollars, four bucks - enough to buy a beer and look attractive.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.