Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Around the Nation
Wed May 15, 2013
Security Tapes Show Supermarket Glutton Stuffing Himself
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
We do not know if Trevor Runyon will like the food in jail. But at least, by the time he got there, he was very well fed. Police say Mr. Runyon slipped into a supermarket and waited for it to close. Surveillance cameras show he then had a feast. He cooked and ate six steaks and washed them down with beer, shrimp and birthday cake. Once he was done, police found him hiding in the ceiling and 57 empty whipped cream cans were in the trash.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.