Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri March 14, 2014
Search Warrants Issued For Lawmaker's Home, Office
Authorities say federal search warrants have been executed at the Elgin home and office of state Rep. Keith Farnham.
Randall Samborn is a spokesman with the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago. He says search warrants were executed Thursday by agents of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security
Investigations as part of an ``ongoing investigation.''
He would not comment on the reason for the warrants or whether anything was taken during the searches of Democrat Farnham's home and office. No search warrant was issued for Farnham's Springfield office.
The searches were first reported by the (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald.
Farnham and a spokesman for Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan of Chicago did not immediately return telephone messages seeking comment.
Farnham was first elected to the House in 2008.