Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Around the Nation
Tue December 17, 2013
Seahawks Beat Giants And Surpise Chevy Dealer
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 11:30 pm
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
The Seahawks 23-to-nothing victory over the New York Giants is great news for Seattle, except for the folks at Jet Chevrolet. The Seattle-area dealership pledged to give 12 people $35,000 apiece if the Seahawks shut out the Giants. The car guys never expected to pay up. What are the odds? But just in case, they insured the bet, so they're only out about seven grand.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.