Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Thu June 20, 2013
Sangamon Co. Regional Superintendent Jeff Vose Interview
Regional Offices of Education have often been an overlooked area of government. But the elected positions have unwillingly been in the spotlight over the last couple of years when Governor Pat Quinn tried to eliminate them. A compromise with the legislature resulted in a consolidation of the offices that is underway now. 44 offices are required to drop down to 35. In Sangamon County, an agreement was reached this month to merge with Menard County starting in 2015.
The offices are responsible for certifying teachers and bus drivers, building inspections, providing G-E-D and alternative education services and more.
WUIS’ Sean Crawford spoke with Sangamon County’s Regional Superintendent Jeff Vose about the changes…