Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri January 31, 2014
Rutherford: Political Rival Behind Allegations
An attorney for an employee in state Treasurer Dan Rutherford's office says her client has filed ``serious'' and ``troubling'' allegations against him with a state inspector general.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports Christine Svenson says in a statement Friday (http://bit.ly/1ii627y) that the claims have nothing to do with politics.
Rutherford is seeking the Republican nomination for governor. At a news conference earlier Friday, he accused rival candidate Bruce Rauner of being behind the allegations.
Rutherford says Svenson had been on Rauner's payroll. He also says she demanded $300,000 on the employee's behalf to ``walk away and keep it under wraps.''
Svenson says she did only brief legal work for Rauner last year and has ``no horse in the primary race.''
A Rauner spokesman denied any involvement.