Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Mon March 24, 2014
Rosanne Cash On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue March 25, 2014 10:13 am
Rosanne Cash's last three records, starting with Black Cadillac and including both her covers collection The List and her new The River & The Thread, form a trilogy on the subject of her relationship with her father Johnny Cash — both as his daughter and as a fellow artist.
The new album was inspired by a series of journeys she and her husband John Leventhal took through The South. Those trips led to the incredible new songs they play here, recorded from the stage of World Cafe Live.