Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Wed June 4, 2014
RoboCop Throws Out First Pitch At Tiger's Game
Originally published on Wed June 4, 2014 7:32 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. It was RoboCop Day in Detroit yesterday. The crime-fighting character first appeared in the 1987 movie, set in the Motor City. A Kickstarter campaign funded the celebration, as well as a yet to be unveiled statue. The idea for that might go back to a tweet sent to Detroit's mayor four years ago, saying, quote, "Philadelphia has a statue of Rocky, and RoboCop would kick Rocky's butt." Robocop even threw out the first pitch at the Tigers' game, but they lost 5 to 3. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.