Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri May 30, 2014
Richard Sherman On 'Song Travels'
Composer Richard Sherman and his brother, the late Robert Sherman, formed one of Walt Disney's most renowned songwriting teams. The pair composed memorable songs for classic films including Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Parent Trap and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Their accolades include two Academy Awards, two Grammys, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
On this episode of Song Travels, Sherman joins host Michael Feinstein to discuss his experience writing for Disney and sits at the piano to share a few examples of his songwriting.