Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu December 5, 2013
Reviewers On Amazon Poke Fun At $40,000 TV
Originally published on Thu December 5, 2013 3:05 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Samsung is selling an HD television for $40,000. That price tag prompted the following customer reviews on Amazon.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
I was going to send my kids to college, but I had to do what was best for my family.
INSKEEP: Glad it has low energy costs, as I'm on a very tight budget.
MONTAGNE: I hesitated to buy, but I saw double-A batteries were free with the remote.
INSKEEP: I am coming back from the future to write this review, and to say the TV will cost 699 in two years.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.