Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Around the Nation
Fri July 18, 2014
Reminder: Better Pay Your Trash Bill
Originally published on Fri July 18, 2014 7:00 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a reminder to pay your trash bill. This comes courtesy of a trash hauling company in Redwing Minnesota. The company is called Paul's Industrial Garage, P-I-G, PIG. A customer did not pay for trash hauling, so a company employee dumped almost two tons of garbage on his lawn. PIG has now been fined for dumping, quote, "wet putrescible waste."
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
INSKEEP: David, I looked it up. It means liable to decay or subject to putrefaction. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.