Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu July 3, 2014
Remembering Children's Book Author Walter Dean Myers
Walter Dean Myers, the award-winning children’s book author and former ambassador for young people’s literature, died this week at the age of 76.
He was a longtime advocate of children’s reading. Earlier this year, he appeared on Here & Now with his son Christopher to discuss the lack of characters of color in children’s literature.
We revisit that conversation with host Robin Young, as well as her 2012 interview with Walter Dean Myers about his career and what advice he had for young people who want to write books, as well as read them.
- See our April 2014 interview with Walter Dean Myers and son Christopher
- See our 2012 interview with Myers and read an excerpt of his book “Just Write”
- Walter Dean Myers, author of children’s books.