Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue April 1, 2014
Red Sox Rock The White House With Flag Jacket And Presidential Selfie
As it turned out, Gomes was the only player who ended up coming decked out in red, white and blue. He certainly stood out as President Obama honored last year's World Series champions.
Reporters covering the event say the Red Sox gave the president a jacket just like the one Gomes was wearing.
Gomes said after the event that the president "approved" of his attire. "He looked me right in the eyes and said, 'Nice jacket,' " Gomes told the Boston Globe's Matt Viser and other reporters.
Meanwhile, the irrepressible designated hitter baseman David Ortiz got the president to pose for a group selfie with an "Obama" Red Sox jersey.