Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu November 14, 2013
Red Baraat On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:34 am
Red Baraat appears on this special 800th episode of Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences in Charleston, W.V. The Brooklyn band's eight members draw on North Indian rhythms, hip-hop, funk and New Orleans jazz to create undeniably singular party music. The band has performed during its own TED Talk, at the White House and at Google's Mountain View headquarters, and closed the 2012 Paralympic Games.
Led by singer-songwriter and drummer Sunny Jain, Red Baraat features a smorgasbord of brassy instruments — including trumpet, trombone, sousaphone and sax — that had this sell-out audience on its feet within seconds. The group's performance features songs from its latest release, Shruggy Ji.
- "Fully Funtastique"
- "Shruggy Ji"
- "Azad Azad"
- "Drum 'n' Brass"
- "Burning Instinct"