Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu November 14, 2013
Red Baraat On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:34 am
Red Baraat appears on this special 800th episode of Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences in Charleston, W.V. The Brooklyn band's eight members draw on North Indian rhythms, hip-hop, funk and New Orleans jazz to create undeniably singular party music. The band has performed during its own TED Talk, at the White House and at Google's Mountain View headquarters, and closed the 2012 Paralympic Games.
Led by singer-songwriter and drummer Sunny Jain, Red Baraat features a smorgasbord of brassy instruments — including trumpet, trombone, sousaphone and sax — that had this sell-out audience on its feet within seconds. The group's performance features songs from its latest release, Shruggy Ji.
- "Fully Funtastique"
- "Shruggy Ji"
- "Azad Azad"
- "Drum 'n' Brass"
- "Burning Instinct"