Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri May 2, 2014
Real Estate On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu May 8, 2014 10:50 am
The North Jersey-based band Real Estate returns to the Cafe today with its new album, Atlas, in tow. The disc is a further refinement of their '80s-influenced guitar pop.
You will not find a more unassuming band — they repeatedly say that they are just the boys from up the street that you knew in high school who happened to form a band. That may be true, but more mature themes of responsibilities and even nostalgia for the not-so-distant past have crept into Martin Courtney's writing — themes that were not part of the band's first two albums.
Listen to our set today as guitarist Matt Mondanile lays his restrained, but joyous guitar over this new set of songs.