Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
All Songs TV
Wed July 23, 2014
The Raveonettes, 'Killer In The Streets'
Originally published on Mon September 15, 2014 11:08 am
The ocean serene, the sharks below: That's the contrast of noise and melody The Raveonettes do so well, and one you can hear on this song, "Killer In The Streets." The Danish duo are Sune Rose Wagner on guitar and vocals, along with Sharin Foo on bass, guitar and vocals. "Killer In The Streets" is from the new album Pe'ahi, which The Raveonettes released this week without any advance notice.
Sune Rose Wagner told us via email that "Killer In The Streets" is "about being lured in by beauty and mystique and how deceitful and devastating it can be to a young man. It's our take on a hypnotic groove which pulls the listener in unknowingly." The band will begin a U.S. tour in the fall.