- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Tue October 8, 2013
Rauner Picks Running Mate
Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner has selected Wheaton City Council member Evelyn Sanguinetti as his running mate.
The businessman announced his choice Tuesday morning in a statement.
Sanguinetti is a lawyer who was once an assistant attorney general in Illinois. She's the daughter of immigrants and was born in Florida.
Rauner is the last 2014 Republican candidate in the race to name a lieutenant governor pick.
Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford has named attorney Steve Kim, state Sen. Bill Brady chose former Long Grove Village President Maria Rodriguez, and state Sen. Kirk Dillard announced state Rep. Jil Tracy.
Gov. Pat Quinn hasn't yet announced a running mate. Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is running for state comptroller.
Rauner and Sanguinetti plan to spend the next two days touring the state.
Clash or Compromise