Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue October 8, 2013
Rauner Picks Running Mate
Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner has selected Wheaton City Council member Evelyn Sanguinetti as his running mate.
The businessman announced his choice Tuesday morning in a statement.
Sanguinetti is a lawyer who was once an assistant attorney general in Illinois. She's the daughter of immigrants and was born in Florida.
Rauner is the last 2014 Republican candidate in the race to name a lieutenant governor pick.
Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford has named attorney Steve Kim, state Sen. Bill Brady chose former Long Grove Village President Maria Rodriguez, and state Sen. Kirk Dillard announced state Rep. Jil Tracy.
Gov. Pat Quinn hasn't yet announced a running mate. Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is running for state comptroller.
Rauner and Sanguinetti plan to spend the next two days touring the state.
Clash or Compromise