Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon November 25, 2013
Rauner Made $53 Million In 2012
One of the Republicans running for governor had a very good year in 2012. Bruce Rauner released his tax returns Monday, and says he made more than $53 million.
When people say, don't work for your money, make money work for you, this is what they're talking about.
Rauner's 2012 tax returns show he and his wife made almost all of their money on interest, capital gains, and real estate.
The line on his tax form for W-2s, where most people report "wages, salaries, (and) tips," shows zero dollars.
Rauner is far-and-away the wealthiest candidate among the four men competing for the Republican nomination. That's really saying something, since the others are a former executive, a corporate lawyer, and a real estate developer.
In a statement, Rauner says he's worked hard for his money, and feels "incredibly blessed" about his success. He says, if elected, he'll put his money in a blind trust.