Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Thu August 14, 2014
Rauner Blasts Quinn On "Failed" Policies, Governor's Mansion
Republican candidate for governor Bruce Rauner hammered on Democrats at the Illinois State Fair Thursday. The Democrat facing the most criticism is Governor Pat Quinn.
Rauner was greeted almost like a rock star as he rolled into the Republican Day party on his Harley. Every time he mentioned voting Quinn out of office, the crowd erupted in cheers.
Rauner has taken to calling Quinn a "failed" governor with "failed" policies. He also points out Quinn doesn't spend much time at the Governor's Mansion in Springfield, but says as governor, he promises to live there. But first, he'll need some home repair.
"Some of you guys who know contractors are going to have to help me because we have to fix the roof and pump out the basement," he said.
Recently, the mansion's roof leaked and the basement flooded, which took weeks to fix.
"You know what? Our current governor takes care of our governor's residence the way he takes care of our economy," Rauner continued. "He lets it get destroyed by neglect and abuse. We're not going to let that happen anymore."
The crowd also cheered when Rauner pledged to lower the income tax, contrasting his vision with Quinn's desire to keep the tax where it is.