Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue October 1, 2013
Quinn Says Health Marketplace Launch "Historic"
Gov. Pat Quinn says the launch of the health insurance marketplace marks a ``historic'' day that will change the lives of hundreds of thousands of Illinoisans.
Quinn spoke at a press conference in Chicago on Tuesday, the same day the marketplace opened in Illinois and other states.
But the federal website where people enroll was experiencing some glitches. Consumers couldn't get beyond initial screens, and some reported waits of 20 minutes on a hotline set up to assist them.
Quinn says glitches are part of any new endeavor.
He says when Apple rolls out a new product that has some problems it doesn't put it off for another year. The Chicago Democrat says the same is true for Illinois and the marketplace.
Illinois' website is called Get Covered Illinois.