- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Wed April 16, 2014
Quinn, Rauner Announce Campaign Donations
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner have filed their latest campaign reports with the state.
Rauner on Tuesday announced he raised more than $9 million in the first three months of the year.
Quinn says he raised $5 million in the first quarter, much of it from labor unions. He spent little of it defeat a little-known challenger in last month's Democratic primary. Quinn finished the quarter with $8.8 million in his campaign fund.
Rauner defeated three rivals in the March primary. His fundraising total includes millions of his own money. But the wealthy businessman from Winnetka says he's received more than 6,900 individual donations since he announced his bid last year.
The campaign says Rauner carried more than $1.3 million into the second quarter.