Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Mon May 20, 2013
Preservation Caucus Re-Formed At Statehouse
More than 2 million people a year visit Illinois state historic sites. The locations play a big role in both state and local economies. But they often lack political muscle.
So a more coordinated effort is underway to bring back the Historic Preservation caucus in the Illinois General Assembly.
Speaking on WUIS’ Illinois Edition, Chris Wills with the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency says there is a need: