Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri August 15, 2014
Plastic Water Bottle Shows Up In 'Downton Abbey' Photo
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Those of us who are Downton Abbey fans know that the period drama is set in the early 1920s. But when PBS released a promotional photo for the series' fifth season, it looked like a time warp worthy of Doctor Who. Lord Grantham and his daughter Lady Edith are posing in front of a fireplace. On the mantle behind them - several antique vases and a plastic water bottle, something that wasn't invented in 1920. Can you imagine the horror on Mr. Carson's face? It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.