Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Tue June 3, 2014
Pike County State's Attorney Abruptly Resigns
The Pike County State's Attorney abruptly resigned yesterday, prior to a hearing regarding criminal charges against the Pike County Sheriff.
Media reports say that State's Attorney Carrie Boyd left a voice mail for the Pike County Board Chairman resigning. Boyd reportedly cited family and personal issues.
She had filed the charges against Sheriff Paul Petty. Petty is charged with felony misconduct for allegedly ordering a body to be embalmed before a toxicology test could be performed in a 2012 heroin death.
A special prosecutor will be named for the case.
Heroin use in Illinois