Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
All Songs Considered
Wed April 16, 2014
Photos Needed: We Want Your Sole
Originally published on Sat April 19, 2014 9:34 am
Our new puzzler "Sole Of A Band" mixes music with fashion by asking you to match music with a picture of an artist's shoes. I started the puzzler because I noticed that so often I could tell something about the music a person was playing by the shoes I saw them wearing. I go to lots of shows (662 last year — that's not a typo) and stand as close as I can to the stage, so I see a lot of shoes. The more I thought about this, the more I was convinced it was true.
Now I want you to get in on the fun. Get close to a stage, snap a photo of a great shoe on a great musician and send it our way. If you're in a band, point your camera at your own feet (or your tour mates') and do the same.
Email your photos to us at email@example.com. Be sure to tell us what the band is, where you took the photo, and how you'd like to be credited.