Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Live At The Village Vanguard
Mon November 4, 2013
Peter Bernstein, Larry Goldings, Bill Stewart: Live At The Village Vanguard
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:36 am
When their busy schedules align, guitarist Peter Bernstein, keyboard player Larry Goldings and drummer Bill Stewart play together as a trio. Their format isn't earth-shatteringly new — largely standards, a few original pieces, classic sonorities in which Hammond B3 organ meets electric guitar — but after nearly 25 years as a band, their rapport is. Theirs isn't an organ trio of greasy funk, but their cleaner language is plenty tasteful, overlaying smart choices atop plenty of swing.
They convene again for a week at New York's Village Vanguard. WBGO and NPR Music present a live video webcast and radio broadcast of the Goldings, Bernstein and Stewart band in concert.
- "Simple As That" (Bernstein)
- "Nobody Else But Me" (Kern)
- "The Acrobat" (Goldings)
- "The Danger Zone" (Mayfield)
- "Dragonfly" (Bernstein)
- "Just In Time" (Styne)
- "Milestones" (Davis)
- Peter Bernstein, guitar
- Larry Goldings, organ
- Bill Stewart, drums