Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu November 14, 2013
From Peruvian Jungle Laments To Grand Theft Auto V
At Alt.Latino, we go out of our way to reflect the incredible eclecticism of Latin music — and this week is no exception, as we feature killer vintage Peruvian cumbia, newer Argentine cumbia, Puerto Rican garage rock and a stunning Mexican rockera who's featured on one of Grand Theft Auto V's soundtracks. We're all over the place, literally.
But there's also a method to our apparent madness: if you pay attention, we're connecting musical dots to trace a history of Latin rock. See what we did there? You get to learn something and get down at the same time!
As always, please pass along your own musical recommendations in the comments section.