Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue October 8, 2013
Pearl Jam On World Cafe: Part 1
Originally published on Thu October 10, 2013 9:50 am
Pearl Jam is set to release its 10th studio album, Lightning Bolt, on Oct. 15, making it the band's first record since 2009's Backspacer. The group members aren't doing much publicity for the album — but when they do, they make it count.
On Tuesday's edition of World Cafe, listeners can hear director and producer Judd Apatow (Anchorman, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up) talk with the premier American rock band in a wide-ranging interview.
In part one of this two-part broadcast interview, the bandmates discuss the creative process behind the making of Lightning Bolt. Later in the interview, lead singer Eddie Vedder compares writing experiences with Apatow and discusses his adoration for The Who's Quadrophenia.
Part two of this discussion between Apatow and Pearl Jam will air during Wednesday's episode of World Cafe.