Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue May 27, 2014
Paul Cebar Tomorrow Sound On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:17 pm
Paul Cebar Tomorrow Sound appears on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of Ohio University in Athens. An institution in his native Wisconsin, Cebar has been a prime mover and promulgator of funky Afro-Caribbean-inflected Americana since the 1980s. His material has ranged from surf instrumentals and blues-rock to worldbeat and many points in between.
His Tomorrow Sound lineup reflects the music of New Orleans, his work as a musicologist in Florida and his travels in Cuba, South America and Trinidad. In 2013, Cebar's album Fine Rude Thing followed 2007's Tomorrow Sound Now for Yes Music People. Cebar also released a project with writer and NPR commentator David Greenberger titled They Like Me Around Here. Here, Paul Cebar Tomorrow Sound plays songs from Fine Rude Thing. Bob Jennings plays keys and saxophone, along with percussionists Reggie Bordeaux and Mac Perkins and bassist Mike Fredrickson.
- "Like Loving People Do"
- "Baby Shake"
- "You Owe It To You"
- "Summer Starts Right Now"