Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu March 13, 2014
Patty Griffin On World Cafe
Our Sense of Place stop in Austin continues today with longtime resident and singer-songwriter Patty Griffin. In late 2013, Griffin finally saw the release of her album Silver Bell. It was recorded in 2000 as the follow-up to her second album, Flaming Red, but was shelved by her record company. Yet its songs certainly got out — The Dixie Chicks recorded "Truth #2" and "Top of the World" for their Grammy-winning 2002 album Home.
Griffin's career has flourished since then with many successes, including winning an unexpected gospel Grammy in 2010 for her album Downtown Church. Today we'll talk about her home in Austin, hear songs from Silver Bell and an unreleased new song at the piano. You can see video at worldcafe.tumblr.com.