Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue May 27, 2014
Parkington Sisters On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:21 pm
The Parkington Sisters appear on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of Ohio University in Athens. Hailing from the town of Wellfleet, Mass., each of the four sisters writes music and plays multiple instruments. Rose plays piano, guitar and accordion; Ariel and Sarah play violin and viola; and Nora plays violin and percussion. Together, they have a dynamic stage presence that's at once harmony-laden and dark — equally at home in clubs, theaters and symphony halls.
The group has toured with or opened for Dispatch, Dropkick Murphys and Mavis Staples, and in 2011 shared the stage with Bruce Springsteen at Bonnaroo. Here, the band plays songs from its most recent album, Inside My Head -- including "Shadows," which was not heard during the radio broadcast.
- "Plastic Islands"
- "Inside Of My Head"