Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Fri May 2, 2014
Ohio Teenager Takes His Great-Grandmother To Prom
Originally published on Tue May 6, 2014 10:38 am
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "DOLORES")
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. An Ohio teenager took a special lady to his high school prom: his great-grandmother Dolores. Austin Dennison remembered his Granny DD wasn't able to go to her own prom because her family didn't have enough money. So Austin asked the 89-year-old to be his date, even arranged for a special song to be played at the dance. It was a Frank Sinatra tune his date's late husband used to sing to her: this song, "Dolores." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.