Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Mon May 26, 2014
Official World Cup Theme Criticized As Dull
Originally published on Mon May 26, 2014 6:23 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Here it is, the 2014 World Cup soccer theme - music for the event in Brazil. And many Brazilians hate it. They're baffled the song features the Cuban-American singer Pitbull and Bronx-born Jennifer Lopez. Lyrics are in English and Spanish as well as Portuguese. A music critic calls it a dull, generic pop theme. It is just not Brazilian enough for the - wait, what's the name of that cup again? It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.