Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed December 4, 2013
NPR's Planet Money Follows The Life Of A T-Shirt
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 10:03 am
If you’ve been listening to NPR this week, you’ve probably heard about something called the t-shirt project.
Months ago, Planet Money had the idea to design a t-shirt and follow it around the world as it was manufactured.
The project took the Planet Money team around the globe: from factories in Bangladesh and Colombia, to cotton farms and container ships.
Planet Money contributing editor Alex Blumberg is leader of the project and joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to explain.
- Videos & interactive site: Planet Money Makes A T-Shirt