Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Wed December 4, 2013
NPR's Planet Money Follows The Life Of A T-Shirt
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 10:03 am
If you’ve been listening to NPR this week, you’ve probably heard about something called the t-shirt project.
Months ago, Planet Money had the idea to design a t-shirt and follow it around the world as it was manufactured.
The project took the Planet Money team around the globe: from factories in Bangladesh and Colombia, to cotton farms and container ships.
Planet Money contributing editor Alex Blumberg is leader of the project and joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to explain.
- Videos & interactive site: Planet Money Makes A T-Shirt