Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Wed July 10, 2013
No Smoking Signs Are Usually Pretty Simple
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. No smoking signs are usually pretty simple. They say, no smoking. Or maybe they have that circle with the line through it. But in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale, officials have been getting a little more creative. The Los Angeles Times reports the city's been posting signs reading: Our deer don't smoke in your back yard. Please don't smoke in theirs. Other signs say, if you must smoke, haul your butts out of here. Another one: smokers will be fed to the bears. Take that. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.