Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Sat May 24, 2014
No Sleep 'Til Puerto Rico: Guest DJ With AJ Davila
Warning: This week's show contains language and content some listeners may find offensive.
I wish every episode of Alt.Latino somehow featured AJ Davila, even if it's just reading credits, or maybe calling and saying hi in the middle of the show. The Puerto Rican rocker is one of the most enjoyable musicians we've ever had record a Guest DJ set for us. I can't think of another guest who's made me laugh so hard I had to turn away from the mic — but it didn't hurt that he's the one guest to bring beer along with an excellent selection of new Puerto Rican music.
Also joining us this week is the talented Ahmed Albizu, who plays bass with Davila and has his own terrific band, called Re-Animadores.
On second thought, maybe having AJ Davila on our show should be reserved for special occasions, kind of like Christmas. Davila Day is a respected holiday here at Alt.Latino — one we observe with laughter, beer and, of course, killer music.