Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri May 30, 2014
Nickel Creek On World Cafe
After a seven-year hiatus, the folk-pop trio Nickel Creek is back with a new album, A Dotted Line. Chris Thile and siblings Sean and Sara Watkins were just children when they started playing together in Carlsbad, Calif., in 1989. Known for bringing bluegrass to younger generations, the band released six albums before parting ways in 2007. During Nickel Creek's hiatus, the members all recorded other projects, including Thile's work with Punch Brothers.
On this installment of World Cafe, Nickel Creek gathers around a single microphone and performs songs from A Dotted Line. The group also discusses the reason behind its split and explains why this was the right time to reunite.