Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- Illinois Supreme Court Strikes Down Pension Law
Tue April 29, 2014
New Springfield Chamber CEO Announced
The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce has announced the next President and CEO of the organization. Chris Hembrough will assume the duties in July.
Hembrough has served as Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters since 2007. Before then, he managed Fink's Superior Cleaners for 5 years.
Hembrough is 1981 Griffin High graduate. He also starred on the football field, going to the University of Miami and playing on that school's 1983 national championship team.
A news release from the Chamber says during Hembrough's tenure at BBBS, he accomplished financial goals without a decrease in the number of children being matched.
The Chamber's last CEO, Stewart Sandstrom, left abruptly in January. A Chamber spokesperson said at the time the two sides had decided to part ways. Rather than a national search for a successor, the Chamber indicated it would concentrate it's efforts locally.