- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Thu February 6, 2014
New Lincoln Stamp To Be Unveiled Feb. 12
A new commemorative stamp will be released to mark Abraham Lincoln's 205th birthday.
U.S. Postal Service officials will be on hand Feb. 12 at the Old State Capitol in Springfield for an unveiling ceremony for the new stamp, which features an image of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.
Lincoln and his family lived in Springfield for more than two decades before he was elected as the country's 16th president in 1860. Lincoln worked out of the capitol building as both a lawyer and a politician.
He delivered his famous ``House Divided'' speech in the building's Representatives Hall and based his presidential campaign there. It was also one of the spots where Lincoln's body laid in state following his April 1865 assassination.