Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Wed April 17, 2013
Napster Billionaire Spends Big On Upcoming Wedding
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 1:46 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with good luck to Sean Parker and his bride-to-be. She's a singer; he's a Facebook billionaire and founder of Napster. Mr. Parker committed $10 million to their wedding. He paid for waterfalls, bridges and ancient ruins created for the occasion. Guests will wear outfits created by the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings."
Mr. Parker has had to clarify this is not going to be a theme wedding. The clothes are modern, he says, though with a Victorian touch. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.