Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu August 29, 2013
Musicians Create "Sound Portraits"
Combining audio and visual effects, three Illinois musicians have joined up to create an act that defies conventional genres.
The trio plays a host of electronic and acoustic instruments - everything from saxophone, to cello, to the iPad.
The group recently released an album that is 100% improvised, as well as a DVD of those performances. They call their production, "Sound Portraits".
The three will be performing live again on August 31 as part of the Chicago Jazz Festival.
CLICK HERE for one of our archived interviews with Cain and Wertico (3/15/2013)