Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Jacksonville Fatal Fire
Thu June 27, 2013
Mother, Two Sons Killed In Mobile Home Fire
The Morgan County Coroner says a mother and her two young sons were the victims of a fatal fire early Thursday morning. Coroner Jeff Lair says smoke inhalation is blamed for the deaths of Kayla Perry and her two sons, 4-year-old Christopher and 7-year-old Joshua. The family's mobile home caught fire around 1 am Thursday. Neighbors placed the 911 call, and area firefighters say they arrived to find the residence fully engulfed in flames. A cause of the fire has not yet been determined. The state fire marshal has been called to investigate.