Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri April 4, 2014
Missy Raines And The New Hip On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Missy Raines and the New Hip appear on Mountain Stage, live from the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.Va.
One of the most decorated and highly sought-after upright bassists in bluegrass music, Missy Raines explores an adventurous new sonic direction on her latest project. On the aptly named New Frontier, Raines and her band barrel fearlessly through unexpected genres, including Americana, progressive bluegrass and spacey, guitar-driven rock.
A West Virginia native, Raines began touring professionally as a teenager and has performed and recorded with bluegrass legends such as Josh Graves, Kenny Baker and Jesse McReynolds. She's earned the prestigious IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) Bass Player of the Year Award seven times over.
Ethan Ballinger joins her on electric guitar, along with Jarrod Walker on mandolin and Cody Walker on drums.
- "I Learn"
- "The Blackest Crow"
- "Thirsty In The Rain"
- "What's The Calling For"